Allows users to create, share and edit past documents
- Category Writing & Notes
- Program license Free
- Version 1.6.502.09.35
- Size 37 MB
- Works under: Android
- Also available for Windows
- Program available in English
- Content rating Everyone
- Package name com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View 94043
Google Docs is an office suite designed by Google that's meant for cloud platforms and contains document editing, spreadsheet editing, and presentation editing functionality for Android devices.
In the past, word processing and other office suite tools were reserved solely for computers. As the world has evolved, however, it's become more necessary for mobile productivity tools to emerge. Other companies made similar products that cost a large sum of money. Google Docs is the first tool to do all of this and be completely free. On top of that, Google even stores everything in their cloud for free. This means that all you really need to be able to use this are an Android device and an internet connection (if you want to backup to the Cloud immediately).
There are some limitations to the mobile version of Google Docs, which mostly stem from the small size of an Android screen. These include margin setting issues, advanced presentation management, and advanced cell management for spreadsheets. However, these are more esoteric features, and most users would never even use them. For the basic home user, this software is perfect. It can get the job done for almost anything. If there's a missing mobile feature crucial for a document, the user can simply go onto a Desktop and pick up right where they left off on their phone.
Overall, Google Docs is a very study piece of software. That combined with its instant cloud backup and the product being completely free make it a no-brainer.
- Full office suite and completely free
- Fast backup to Google Cloud (up to 15 GB) free
- Can cross-edit between browser on Desktop and phone
- Is not as intuitive as some other office products
- Requires purchase for large document backups
* Import and export documents in OpenDocument format (.odt)
* Export documents in EPUB format (.epub)
* Page setup functionality
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Learn more about which Android permissions we request and why: https://support.google.com/docs/?p=permissions
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.